Join Opportunity to Read (OTR) - Volunteer Tutors Needed!

PSYCFWD

May 16, 2024, 6:16:42 PMMay 16
to PSYCFWD

Hey Slugs!

There is a volunteer program, Opportunity to Read (OTR), hosted by the Watsonville Public Library. If you are interested in helping the Watsonville community consider applying

Opportunity to Read (OTR) is an adult literacy program in the Watsonville Public Library dedicated to helping individuals improve their basic reading and writing skills. They believe that literacy is the key to unlocking countless opportunities, and are seeking enthusiastic volunteers like you to join us in this important mission.

About Opportunity to Read (OTR):

OTR is more than just a tutoring program—it's a lifeline for adults in our community who are striving to enhance their literacy skills. Many learners face significant challenges in their daily lives due to limited reading and writing abilities. By offering free one-on-one tutoring sessions, we aim to empower individuals to overcome these challenges and achieve their personal and professional goals.

Your Role as a Volunteer Tutor:

As a volunteer tutor with OTR, you will play a crucial role in helping adults improve their reading and writing skills. Through personalized instruction and support, you will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on the lives of learners. Volunteer tutors receive comprehensive training and ongoing support to ensure they have the tools and resources needed to succeed in their role.

If you're ready to make a difference in the lives of adults in our community, we invite you to join us as a volunteer tutor with OTR! Simply call them at (831)768-3410 or email victoria.flores@watsonville.gov.

They will reach out to you with more information about the next steps, including training sessions and tutoring assignments.

Thank you for considering this opportunity to volunteer with Opportunity to Read. Together, we can help adults in Watsonville unlock their full potential through literacy.