WRF Hydro configuration request for Intel LLVM

Will H

Jan 9, 2024, 11:09:28 PMJan 9
to wrf-hydro_users
So in 2024 Intel annouced that they will be removing the intel compilers ifort/icc/icpc with new intel llvm compilers ifx/icx/icpx and associated mpi compilers.

As it stands with WRF-Hydro 5.2 there is no configuration set up for these new intel llvm compilers.

I have tried to create one from scratch using the existing intel compilers as a guide and the llvm tutorials.

I request that NCAR look at these and see if they are correct and can implemented them into the main branch of 5.2 or with 5.3 release.

As it stands right now anyone who downloads the new intel compilers cannot get the classic compiler without paying for it.

Thanks,
Will
Failure_WRFHYDRO_STANDALONE.zip
Message has been deleted

Will H

Feb 4, 2024, 5:38:39 AMFeb 4
to wrf-hydro_users, Will H, ksam...@ucar.edu
Is this being worked on Kevin?

Maybe for the next release of 5.3 or wrf 4.6?

Ryan Cabell

Feb 5, 2024, 12:49:28 PMFeb 5
to wrf-hydro_users, Will H, Kevin
The legacy WRF-Hydro build system (using ./configure and ./compile_*) is being deprecated in favor of our new CMake-based build system, so no effort will be made to support new compilers with those older scripts. We are looking at the new Intel compilers, the Arm Fortran compiler, and AMD's AOCC Fortran compiler compatibility in the future, but these are low priorities for us and may not be supported until version 5.4 or later.

Will H

Feb 5, 2024, 12:58:14 PMFeb 5
to Ryan Cabell, wrf-hydro_users, Kevin
Thanks for the update.

Will H

Feb 6, 2024, 6:36:51 AMFeb 6
to Ryan Cabell, wrf-hydro_users, Kevin
Where can I find instructions for the CMAKE build?

Will H

Mar 20, 2024, 6:57:35 AMMar 20
to wrf-hydro_users, Will H, wrf-hydro_users, Ryan Cabell
Will CMAKE support LLVM compilers by intel?

Will there be new instructions on the website and github on how to build with CMAKE?