Use of MODIS as land use land cover category

UNASHISH MONDAL

Jan 16, 2023, 2:15:27 AM1/16/23
to wrf-hyd...@ucar.edu
Dear all,
I am using WRF-ARW for modelling and simulation. Can anyone tell me how to use MODIS in the land use land cover category.
Thank you

--
Regards

Unashish Mondal
Ph.D. Research Scholar
Department of Atmospheric Science
School of Earth Sciences
Central University of Rajasthan,
Bandarsindri, N.H. 8, (Jaipur Ajmer Highway)
Kishangarh - 305817
Distt - Ajmer, Rajasthan (INDIA)

Kevin

Jan 25, 2023, 11:54:47 AM1/25/23
to wrf-hydro_users, UNASHISH MONDAL
Unashish,

Are you a WRF-Hydro user? If so, I have provided some resources and advice below for using MODIS landcover type in your WRF-Hydro simulations.

First, you can consult the WRF Pre-processing documentation for how to select MODIS here. Next, you do need to make sure you have the correct global attributes set in your geogrid and wrfinput files, and you need to make sure those two files are consistent as far as land cover, land mask, and soil layers. You will also want to make sure you are using the HYDRO.TBL file for MODIS types. The documentation should have the full details.

Thanks,

Kevin