WRF-Hydro running error: READ_ROUTEDIM

sakura kana

Jul 17, 2024, 9:20:27 AM (10 days ago) Jul 17
to wrf-hydro_users
I am running the WRF_Hydro model again with the READ_ROUTEDIM error, this time the input file for the model and the log file with the error can be downloaded via the link below, which contains only some of the FORCING data, and I would like to know what the cause of the error is this time, and what I can do to fix it.

Kevin

Jul 17, 2024, 1:57:00 PM (10 days ago) Jul 17
to wrf-hydro_users, sakura kana
Sakura Kana,

This error is triggered by a mismatch between the number of channel cells in your CHANNELGRID variable and the number of cells in the LINKID variable. It looks like it is off by 1. Which GIS Pre-processor did you use for this? The latest versions (current main on GitHub) should have functions that check for this error and correct it. If you can update your GIS Pre-processing scripts to the latest, I think it will avoid this error.

Kevin

sakura kana

Jul 17, 2024, 2:11:30 PM (10 days ago) Jul 17
to wrf-hydro_users, Kevin, sakura kana
Yes, I also found this error, I'm using GIS  Pre-processing Tools version 5.2.0, this is the latest version, can I solve this problem?

Kevin

Jul 17, 2024, 2:32:33 PM (10 days ago) Jul 17
to wrf-hydro_users, sakura kana, Kevin
Please update to the current main (not the 5.2.0 release) to get the latest version, which should correct the issue you encountered:

Kevin

sakura kana

Jul 17, 2024, 2:38:39 PM (10 days ago) Jul 17
to wrf-hydro_users, Kevin, sakura kana
Kevin, your offer is fantastic, thank you so much for such an excellent contribution, I will try it out based on your offer.

sakura kana

Jul 25, 2024, 1:18:47 AM (2 days ago) Jul 25
to wrf-hydro_users, sakura kana, Kevin
Kevin, hi. I updated the GIS Pre-processor as you suggested and ran WRF-Hydro with my data, but I still get this problem, the log file is attached below, please check the link for the specific configuration file and input data. Also, I have provided the output files and logs from GIS Pre-processor in the link. I hope you can provide some help, I always get the problem over and over again, thanks in advance!

Link to model input file: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1AUB7R4CNRnJtx2rrdfkFHo-jSqXLLzy-?usp=drive_link
log