Coupled WRF Hydro with distributed parameter files

Yiannis

Aug 30, 2022, 6:11:32 AM8/30/22
to wrf-hydro_users
I want to run the the coupled WRF/WRF-Hydro model using the WRF-Hydro version with distributed soil (soil_properties.nc) and hydrologic (hydro2dtbl.nc) parameter files.

My problem is that the soil_properties.nc file is specified in the namelist.hrldas in the standalone version of WRF-Hydro, but when I have to run the fully coupled model, the namelist.hlrdas file is not used, because the Noah-MP options are included in the namelist.input of WRF. In the latter case, there is not option for specifying the path to the soil properties file in namelist.input.

Is it possible to use distributed soil properties in coupled WRF-Hydro? Has anyone done it before?

/Yiannis