WRFHYDO + WRFDA

Will H

Dec 27, 2022, 5:47:59 PM12/27/22
to wrf-hydro_users
Does anyone know if WRFDA & WRFPLUS is compatible with WRFHYDRO?

David Gochis

Dec 27, 2022, 6:18:01 PM12/27/22
to wrf-hydro_users
Hi Will,

WRFDA and WRF plus are specific to the WRF atmospheric model.  WRF Hydro can use the output files from those WRF model instances as inputs into WRF Hydro or, likely with some work, one could run things in a fully coupled mode using WRFDA to do atmo data assimilation, but I doubt it would work out of the box as such.

For WRF Hydro users desiring to do hydrologic data assimilation we recommend using DART or JEDI.

Dave Gochis