refkdt with SPATIAL_SOIL=0

Samar Minallah

Jun 11, 2022, 6:09:11 PM6/11/22
to wrf-hydro_users
Hello,

I am trying to change the refkdt parameter to see the effects on runoff/evaporation, but changing the values between 0.1 - 5 is not making any difference.

I compiled my model with SPATIAL_SOIL=0, therefore soil_properties.nc is not created. I am changing REFKDT_DATA directly in GENPARM.TBL within my run directory.

I looked up in the conversations about this topic (and the jupyter notebook tutorial) and the issue was resolved because users compiled with spatial soil turned on and had to modify the parameter in soil_properties.nc. Is this parameter not being taken into account if spatial soil is not turned on?

Thank you