Basin runoff extraction

Hosein Esmaili

Jun 22, 2024, 5:48:35 AM (11 days ago) Jun 22
to wrf-hydro_users
map.png
Hello to all my friends, have a good time. I am a master's student in the field of water resources management. The title of my thesis project is flood forecasting using the WRF-Hydro model. My study area is north of Tehran, the capital of Iran. This area is a mountainous area that includes There are 4 Basin. I want to run the WRF-Hydro model in coupled mode with the WRF model for flood forecasting in this area. In each Basin, a hydrometric station is considered at the outlet of each Basin (given to the GIS tool). At first, I selected 10 flood events and compared the rainfall observed in these events with the rainfall simulated by the WRF model. Among these ten flood events, the WRF model was able to accurately simulate the amount of precipitation in 6 events. But the output hydrograph has nothing in common with the observed hydrograph. Of course, I must say that the implementation of the model with Spin-up happened for 7 days before the flood event. It means to assume that the flood event happened between 07/14/2020 to 07/16/2020 and the model was run for the period 07/07/2020 to 07/17/2020. I considered all active and inactive states of the modules. The specifications of the system I am running with have 32 GB of RAM, 7 cores of the 8th generation and 500 GB of ssd hard drive. As I mentioned above, the hydrographs had nothing in common, in fact, I checked the output of frxst_pts_out.txt. If I want to output the basin's runoff from the WRF-Hydro model and not enter into the channel and river issues at all, should I use the LSMOUT_DOMAIN output? Actually, I want to get the hydrograph of the basin runoff. In any case, what do you suggest I do to get better results?
frxst_pts_out.txt
77.png
66.png
map.png