'No Displayable Variables Found' Error in CHANOBS Files

Shanaka Weththasinghe

Feb 5, 2024, 5:28:15 PMFeb 5
to wrf-hydro_users
Hello,

I have successfully executed the model for my designated domain and obtained the output files for CHANOBS and GWOUT. However, my CHANOBS files have no variables to display when I open it from the ncview.
I would greatly appreciate your insights and assistance in resolving this issue. If anyone has experience with similar problems or can provide guidance, please feel free to share your thoughts.
I have attached the GEOGRID, Fulldom_hires, namelist files and a sample CHAOBS output file for references.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
Shanaka

hydro.namelist
200001010000.CHANOBS_DOMAIN1
Fulldom_hires.nc
namelist.hrldas
geo_em.d01.nc

Kevin

Feb 5, 2024, 6:09:37 PMFeb 5
to wrf-hydro_users, Shanaka Weththasinghe
Shanaka,

NCVIEW is a very handy application for looking at 2+ dimensional data. The CHANOBS, CHRTOUT, LAKEOUT, and GWOUT files from WRF-Hydro are 1-dimensional. You can look at the data using tools such as Python (xarray, netCDF4, numpy, pandas, etc.). Think of CHANOBS as a point time-series dataset, and each file contains one timestep of information for all of the channel observation points you specified.

Kevin