Wrf-hydro Calibration on Cheyenne

Tong Wan

Aug 8, 2022, 2:50:27 PM8/8/22
to wrf-hydro_users
Hi everyone,

I am trying to have the wrf-hydro calibration process run on Cheyenne. I am using the PyWRFHydroCalib code to calibrate the wrf-hydro and I had it worked successfully on my local Linux system. However, when I try to run it on Cheyenne, the job failed when I try to initialize the calibration experiment using the command as follows:
> python3 jobInit.py mydatabasefile
And it returns an error message as:
WARNING: Zero length account key passed to program.
ERROR: Failure to initialize calibration workflow job.
Does anyone have any idea about this?

Thanks,
Tong

Yu-Fen Huang

Aug 9, 2022, 2:59:58 PM8/9/22
to wrf-hydro_users
Hi Tong,

That probably means you didn't put your acctKEy in the `setup.parm` file.

Best regards,
Yufen

Yu-Fen Huang

Department of Natural Resources & Environmental Management
University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa

Tong Wan

Sep 19, 2022, 5:45:42 PM9/19/22
to wrf-hydro_users, Yu-Fen Huang
Hi Yufen,

Thanks for pointing this out. I then set up my acctKey as well as the queue name in the setup.parm file and chose the job run type as 'qsub', after I issued the command 'calib.py', it doesn't seem to work. I tried my same input file and run the calibration using mpiexec and it worked on Cheyenne. However, if I set up the job run type as 'qsub', it even didn't create the namelist files. I checked the job submit scripts, they all look right. Is there anything else I should do before I submit the job?

Thank you,
Tong