date_table error for the LISTOS emission data

Maryam Golbazi

Jun 4, 2024, 11:57:15 AMJun 4
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss
Hi everyone,

I am trying to run anthro_emis for the LISTOS campaign data which is based on EPA NEI 2017  emission data. The LISTOS campaign is provided for the year 2018.
When I run anthro_emis, I face an error that says "translate_table: date type all not in table; terminating".

I know the error is about the "smk_merge_dates_2018.txt" file but I am not sure what it is or what table it refers to. I attached my input file and the two "merge_dates" files I tried.

I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. And, if anybody knows what the best way to create the dates file accordingly.

Thank you,
Maryam
smk_merge_dates_2018_v1.txt
smk_merge_dates_2018_v2.txt
log.anthroemis
mozcart_listos.inp

Maryam Golbazi

Jun 10, 2024, 4:03:10 PMJun 10
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, Maryam Golbazi
Dear WRF-Chem forum,

I just wanted to follow up on this topic. I would appreciate any comments or suggestions on this!

Thank you,
Maryam

Rajesh Kumar

Jun 11, 2024, 10:13:04 AMJun 11
to Maryam Golbazi, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss
Dear Maryam,

The EPA_ANTHRO_EMIS does not work on years other than years (e.g., 2017, 2014 etc.) for which NEI emissions are available because we need to preserve the day of week variability in emissions. I suggest you create the emissions for 2017 and then map to your 2018 time period. I'll be happy to share an IDL code with you to map the 2017 emissions to 2018 preserving day of week profile.

Thanks,
Rajesh
--
Rajesh Kumar
Interim Lab Deputy Director

My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obliged to reply to this email outside of your normal working hours.

Folorunsho Akinleye

Jun 11, 2024, 3:21:21 PMJun 11
to Maryam Golbazi, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss
Hi Maryam,

I have tried mapping for other years using the NEI 2017 data by manually updating the Date, Date Format, day of the week, day number, and holiday dates of the targeted year (2018 in this case) in the smk_merge_year_change sheet. You can then copy the New dates which are matched to the respective 2017 dates to the smk_year file.

Taking a look at your smk_2018 table, this may not work because the dates in the required headers are showing for 2018 rather than 2017. You can try the attached smk_dates for 2018 and see if it works.

Thanks,
Akinleye

smk_merge_dates_2018.txt

Maryam Golbazi

Jun 12, 2024, 11:57:16 AMJun 12
to Folorunsho Akinleye, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss
Dear Akinleye,

Thanks for your response. I tried the date file you attached here but unfortunately, I get the same error message.

-Maryam
--
Maryam Golbazi