Anthropogenic emission inventory for WRF-Chem runs before 2010

Jaya Thakur

Mar 16, 2022, 12:19:37 AM3/16/22
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss
Hi all,

I have a requirement of simulations with WRF-Chem for years between 2000 and 2010.

The EDGAR-HTAP emission input files I am using are dated 2010 and I have been using them with offset for years beyond 2010 only.

If someone has run WRF-Chem simulations for period before 2010, I would be really grateful for any leads that help me with anthropogenic emission inventory files to run with anthro-emiss tool for mapping to MOZART-GOCART chemical options.

Thanks and regards,
Jaya

Stacy Walters

Mar 16, 2022, 8:55:48 AM3/16/22
to Jaya Thakur, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss
Jaya,

You should be able to set the data_yrs_offset variable to negative numbers to
achieve your objective.  As an example the setting:

data_yrs_offset = -5

Should map the emissions from 2010 to 2005.

Stacy

Rajesh Kumar

Mar 16, 2022, 9:17:33 PM3/16/22
to Stacy Walters, Jaya Thakur, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss
Hi Jaya,

You may want to use the CAMS anthropogenic emissions available from the ECCAD database (https://eccad.aeris-data.fr). I believe they have emissions from 2000 to 2020.

Best,
Rajesh
--
Rajesh Kumar, Project Scientist III

Research Applications Laboratory

Catalyst26

May 25, 2023, 5:55:35 AM5/25/23
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, Rajesh Kumar, Jaya Thakur, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, Stacy Walters
Hello Dr. Rajesh,

I have generated hourly emissions files using anthro_emiss tool. I want to merge the hourly files into daily files. Can you please guide me how to achieve it?

Thanks and regards

Sulaymon