Anthro_emis error "next_flnm; trying to increment file"

pramod adhikari

Aug 20, 2020, 1:36:05 PM8/20/20
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss
Hi,
I am using anthro_emis with EDGAR_HTAP monthly files with emission from different sources (snapshot of the list of files are attached). While executing the ./anthro_emis I am getting an error message
 "next_flnm; trying to increment file"  and  "data_file_timing_init : Failed to open" .

I tried a different solution, none of those worked. Originally these files did not have date, datesec variables. I added the variables date, datesec using nco.

I have attached related files herewith.

The ncdump -v Times wrfinput_d01 shows :
data:Times =  "2017-06-28_00:00:00" ;

Thank you in advance for your help.
Regards
Pramod
file_list.png
out_anthro_06.log
ncdump.rtf
edgar_htap_monthly_data.inp

Stacy Walters

Aug 20, 2020, 8:12:18 PM8/20/20
to pramod adhikari, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss
Pramod,

Could you please send the *inp file you used with anthro_emis as an attachment?

Stacy

pramod adhikari

Aug 20, 2020, 8:17:13 PM8/20/20
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, st...@ucar.edu, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, pramod adhikari
Hi Stacy,

Sure. I have attached the *inp file.

Thank you so much.
Pramod

edgar_htap_monthly_data.inp

Stacy Walters

Aug 20, 2020, 8:27:20 PM8/20/20
to pramod adhikari, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss
Pramod,

You have input emission files with a 2010-06-01_00:00:00 date.  For anthro_emis to output emissions on the d01 wrf grid
starting at 2017-06-28 and ending at 2017-07-02 you will need additional emissions in the input files at times:

2010-07-01_00:00:00
2010-08-01_00:00:00

for a total of three time points in each file.

Stacy

pramod adhikari

Aug 23, 2020, 4:33:20 AM8/23/20
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, st...@ucar.edu, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, pramod adhikari
Hi Stacy,

I had the monthly EDGAR-HATP data with no time dimension. Based on the information you have provided I concatenated the three months (06, 07,  08) data to create the time dimension using nco. It finally worked with the concatenated data. Thank you so much.

Now,  I have a question regarding the output.  The wrfinput_d01  information starts at  2017-06-28 and ends at 2017-07-02. I have set serial_output = .false. since I only need the diurnal information. The anthro_emis output the emission for 00Z and 12Z. The ncdump -v TImes wrfchemi_00z_d01 shows the time information for 2017-06-28:00 to11. Does it contain only the information for the month of June? Though I have wrfinput_d01 for 5days (06-28 to 07-02) and set the start and stop_output_time accordingly. How can I get the emission output for the month of July in my case?

Thank you
Pramod

Stacy Walters

Aug 23, 2020, 8:07:08 AM8/23/20
to pramod adhikari, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss
Pramod,

When you select "diurnal" mode, serial_output=.false., the first 24 hours from the starting time of the input dataset
are read in and put into two files as you have seen.  When read by WRF-chem the date timing information in the diurnal
mode is ignored and the emissions for all simulation days have the same diurnal cycle.  When you run WRF-chem
you must tell it you are using diurnal anthropogenic emission inputs via a namelist variable in the chem group.

You must set the variable:

io_style_emissions

to 1

as in:

io_style_emissions = 1

Set io_stype_emissions to 2 for the serial input.

Stacy

pramod adhikari

Aug 23, 2020, 5:48:40 PM8/23/20
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, st...@ucar.edu
Hi Stacy,
Thank you so much for your help.

Pramod

Suvarna Tikle

Sep 5, 2023, 5:02:40 AM9/5/23
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, pramod adhikari, st...@ucar.edu, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss
Hi Pramod and Stacy,
I am using DACCIWA emissions. It did not consist of date and datesec variables. Can you please tell how to add it? I want to add from Dec 2014 to Jan 2016.
Best regards,
Suvarna

Rajesh Kumar

Sep 5, 2023, 9:11:53 AM9/5/23
to Suvarna Tikle, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, pramod adhikari, st...@ucar.edu
Hi Suvarna,

You can add those variables using ncap2 command. For example, this command would add the date as 01 Jan 2020 and datesec as 0.

ncap2 -s 'date=20200101' -s 'datesec=0' filename.nc

Thanks,
Rajesh
--
Rajesh Kumar
Interim Lab Deputy Director

My working day may not be your working day. Please do not feel obliged to reply to this email outside of your normal working hours.

Suvarna Tikle

Sep 5, 2023, 9:27:52 AM9/5/23
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, Rajesh Kumar, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, pramod adhikari, st...@ucar.edu, Suvarna Tikle
Thank you sir.