Issue with EDGAR geerating data for the December

Akinyoola Julius

May 24, 2023, 8:49:19 PM5/24/23
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss
Dear all,
Greetings
I have been having very dificult time to find solution to EDGAR not been able to generate data for December time

wrfchemi_d01_2012-11-30_21:00:00
wrfchemi_d01_2012-11-30_22:00:00
wrfchemi_d01_2012-11-30_23:00:00
wrfchemi_d01_2012-12-01_00:00:00  <<<<<<<< stopped here

I am actually using EDGARv1.5
though I have not try version 5.0 but I would know if that will solve the problem

with regards
Julius Akinyoola

Catalyst26

May 25, 2023, 6:09:47 AM5/25/23
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, Akinyoola Julius
Hello Julius,

This is because the dates in the monthly files are set to the first day of the month. As a result, anthro_emis thinks that the last available date is Dec 1st. Thus, when you try to run anthro_emis for a later date in December as in your case, it cannot find the data in EDGAR files for that date. Therefore, if you want hourly emissions files beyond Dec. 1st, you would need to change the last date in the EDGAR files to 20101231.

Regards

Sulaymon