12 hr files

Madhav haridas M K

Dec 18, 2018, 4:25:27 AM12/18/18
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss
Hello,

I am able to create the hourly files wrfchemi_d01_<date>_00:00:00, wrfchemi_d01_<date>_01:00:00 etc by setting the interval_seconds variable.

But how do I generate the 12 hrly files in the format wrfchemi_00z_d01 using anthro emiss?

Thanks and regards,
Madhav.

Martin Saliba

Dec 18, 2018, 9:11:47 AM12/18/18
to madhav...@gmail.com, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss
Hi Madhav,

Check your anthro namelist if the following parameter is set to true: serial_output   = .true.

For 12 hourly internal, the serial output must be set to false: serial_output   = .false.

regards
martin

Regards,

Martin Saliba B.Sc, M.Sc
Senior Technical Officer
Atmospheric Research
Department of Geosciences
University of Malta
(Gozo Campus)
Mgarr Road
Xewkija XWK 9016
Gozo
Malta

Tel: (00356) 2340 7906
Skype: Martin.Saliba

Gabriele Pfister

Dec 18, 2018, 11:34:30 AM12/18/18
to Martin Saliba, Madhav haridas M K, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss
Madhav,

I am not sure whether you are using the anthro_emis or the EPA_anthro_emis tool.
For anthro_emis you can do as Martin suggested.
For EPA_anthro_emis you only can create hourly emission files. But if you are fine with ignoring daily variably and want to create only emissions for an average diurnal cycle, you can use e.g. the ncrcat command (see http://nco.sourceforge.net/).

Gabriele
--
================================
Gabriele Pfister, Deputy Director

Zongrun Li

Nov 24, 2021, 12:45:07 PM11/24/21
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, Gabriele Pfister, madhav...@gmail.com, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, Martin Saliba
Hi Gabriele,

Can we input the emission generated by EPA_anthro_emis hourly? I have generated emission files by the tool and set the time interval as 3600. But when I run WRF, it seems only the first hour emission has read successfully. Do you have any methods to fix it?

Thanks,
Zongrun
namelist.input

Gabriele Pfister

Nov 24, 2021, 12:55:13 PM11/24/21
to Zongrun Li, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, madhav...@gmail.com, Martin Saliba
Hi Zongrun

yes, you can. I assume you have created individual files for each hour with the correct date (i.e. the date for your simulation).  It looks you have the correct settings but are missing under &time_control
         frames_per_auxinput5                = 1,

I hope this solves your problem.

Gabriele
National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)
Email: pfi...@ucar.edu
Temporary Home Office Phone: +1 303 241 1329
Work Phone: +1 303 497 2915
Web: https://staff.ucar.edu/users/pfister

Zongrun Li

Nov 24, 2021, 2:50:02 PM11/24/21
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, Gabriele Pfister
Thanks a lot! I made a mistake before. It seems work well now.

Zongrun

Catalyst26

May 25, 2023, 5:58:09 AM5/25/23
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, Gabriele Pfister, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, madhav...@gmail.com, Martin Saliba, Zongrun Li
Hello Dr. Gabriele,

I have generated hourly emissions files using anthro_emiss tool. I want to merge the hourly files into daily files. Can you please guide me how to achieve it?

Thanks and regards

Sulaymon

Gabriele Pfister

May 25, 2023, 9:00:28 AM5/25/23
to Catalyst26, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, madhav...@gmail.com, Martin Saliba, Zongrun Li

Sulaymon

you can use the nco command ncrcat: https://nco.sourceforge.net/nco.html

Gabriele
--
================================
Gabriele Pfister
National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)
Temporary Home Office Phone: +1 303 241 1329
Work Phone: +1 303 497 2915

Catalyst26

May 26, 2023, 11:10:50 AM5/26/23
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, Gabriele Pfister, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, madhav...@gmail.com, Martin Saliba, Zongrun Li, Catalyst26
Hello Dr. Gabriele,

Thanks for your response and suggestion. It really helped.

Kind regards,

Sulaymon

Lin Lu

Nov 27, 2023, 9:16:00 AM11/27/23
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, Catalyst26, Gabriele Pfister, wrf-chem-anthro_emiss, madhav...@gmail.com, Martin Saliba, Zongrun Li
hello,

what are the diurnal varying 12-h identical files based on ?
I mean which literature the profile of diurnal is based on?

Thanks
Lin