Generating anthropogenic output without onroad mobile emission

Lynne Xu

Jun 12, 2024, 6:14:00 PMJun 12
to wrf-chem-anthro_emiss
Hi All,

I am trying to generate wrfchemi files with the NEI 2017 data set, with two different instances, with onroad mobile emission ( original NEI file) and without the onroad mobile emission (modified NEI file).

I got the original NEI emission files from the WRF-Chem Tools page (https://www2.acom.ucar.edu/wrf-chem/wrf-chem-tools-community), and the onroad emission from epa (https://www.epa.gov/air-emissions-modeling/2017-2019-air-emissions-modeling-platforms). I subtracted onroad from the all emission, which created the modified NEI file.

When I check the emis_mole files, they show a difference, where the modified one does not have major freeways popping out. But when I use the corresponding input data to generate wrfchemi files, the wrfchemi files does not have significant differences.

Can anyone guide me on what would be the next step for approaching this issue?

Thank you!

Best,
Lynne Xu