Fwd: [ACD] Fwd: Join us at UAlberta's International Week!

Rae Beaumont

Jan 26, 2021, 1:54:51 PM1/26/21
to ART Economics - Publicity

Find hope and opportunity for action during I-Week 2021
International Week 2021: February 1-6

Find hope and opportunity for action during International Week 2021 (I-Week).
I-Week is a chance for you to hear international and local perspectives on global issues. International Week speakers from around the world will connect their work to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to be achieved by 2030. These 17 goals call on governments and civil society around the world to address the world's most pressing issues from poverty and education to health and the environment.

International Week highlights include:
  • Keynote by Lizzie O’Shea, Australian lawyer, activist and writer on shaping a sustainable, digital future ( February 1)
  • Global Goals Talks -- 17-minute talks featuring international and local speakers on the work they are doing to achieve the SDGs; speakers include individuals from UAlberta partners including RWTH Aachen University, Aga Khan University, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, University of Auckland; the Sustainable Development Solutions Network; as well as distinguished alumni (February 2-4). For example:
Join Gary Bosgoed, President and CEO of Bosgoed Project Consultants, on February 3rd to learn how First Nations communities are receiving long overdue and meaningful employment, as well as economic growth, helping to work towards the achievement of UN Sustainable Development Goal 8, decent work and economic growth.
  • Opportunities to connect with young people working towards the achievement of the SDGs (February 1 and 6)
  • Comedy night featuring Martha Chavez, Hoodo Hersi and Stephanie Pangowish (February 5)
Everyone is welcome!
Learn More!
Facebook
Twitter