Now Open - 2024 NSF Cybersecurity Summit Call for Participation

Dopheide, Jeannette M

May 29, 2024, 3:19:16 PMMay 29
to anno...@trustedci.org

It is our pleasure to announce that the 2024 NSF Cybersecurity Summit Call for Participation is now open! The Summit Program Committee seeks proposals for:
  • Plenary presentations
  • TLP:RED talks
  • Workshops
  • Trainings
  • Birds of a Feather (BoFs)
  • Project meetings
  • Poster session submissions

Last month, we asked the NSF cyberinfrastructure community which topics the Summit should address. Below are the top 10 results from the community poll. We strongly encourage proposals that address:

1
Generative AI for Security
2
Security Management for Open Source Software
3
Zero Trust Architecture
4
Security and Privacy issues when using Generative AI
5
Threats Unique to Research in Cyberinfrastructure
6
Supercomputing/HPC Specific Security Challenges
7
Regulated Research Security, Privacy and Compliance (HIPAA, CMMC, FAR, etc)
8
Cloud Security
9
Network Security and Defense
10
Specialized HPC for Compliance (HIPAA, CUI, DBGap)

More detail and guidance on submitting proposals can be found here: https://www.trustedci.org/2024-cfp
The Summit provides a forum for National Science Foundation (NSF) funded scientists, researchers, cybersecurity, and cyberinfrastructure (CI) professionals and stakeholders to develop community and share best practices. The Summit will offer attendees training sessions and workshops with hands-on learning of security tools, security program development and compliance for research.
The deadline for proposal submissions is Jun 23, 2024
Thank you on behalf of the Program and Organizing Committees. We look forward to receiving your proposals and hope to see you in October in Pittsburgh!

--
Jeannette M. Dopheide
Sr. Education, Outreach, and Training Coordinator