Trusted CI News and Notes

Songer, Julie Mae

Apr 9, 2024, 2:36:23 PMApr 9
to anno...@trustedci.org

Trusted CI News and Notes

horizontal line

Keeping you in the loop

April 9, 2024

Trusted CI is excited to launch our first newsletter. We aim to keep you informed about cybersecurity, webinars, Summit updates, events, employment opportunities, and more.

If you have suggestions for other topics to include in the newsletter, contact us.

horizontal line

News and blog highlights

Trusted CI Presents at RIW

Trusted CI team members attended the NSF-sponsored Research Infrastructure Workshop (RIW) March 26-29 in Tucson, Arizona. Craig Jackson presented on evidence-based controls in a presentation entitled, Transformative Twelve: An Evidence-Based Highly Prioritized Set of Powerful Cybersecurity Controls.

Tapis more secure following Trusted CI code-level review

In 2023, the Texas Advanced Computing Center (TACC) collaborated with Trusted CI to assess the security of its Tapis software. The Trusted CI team found four serious security vulnerabilities and one bug in the Tapis code and made several recommendations to the Tapis team to further increase security.

Trusted CI provides cybersecurity advice on research ship designs

As part of its mission to enable trustworthy science, Trusted CI conducted a year-long study on the state of operational technology security in NSF Major Facilities. In 2023, Trusted CI engaged with NSF-funded facilities in various stages of design and construction to help them build cybersecurity into the design of ships and polar facilities.

Framework cohort update

Trusted CI is conducting a fifth Framework cohort engagement with NSF-funded projects including:

To find out more about Trusted CI’s 2023 Framework Cohort achievements, see our February 7 blog post.

Webinar news

Trusted CI webinars are presented live on the 4th Monday of the month. The webinars are recorded and links to the videos are posted on the Trusted CI website.

Recent webinars

  • See the slides and video from the March 18 webinar, Lessons from the ACCORD Project.
  • For a wrap-up of previous Trusted CI webinars, go here

Upcoming webinars

Conferences and events

Employment opportunities

Trusted CI posts employment opportunities on our website, and we can assist you in promoting your organization’s open positions. Email us with info about your employment opportunities.

horizontal line

Contact us