meeting today! on mending!

Devon Olson

Mar 19, 2021, 10:07:43 AM3/19/21
to Information Maintainers, Lauren Dapena Fraiz, Lauren A Callis, Jordan Hale
Hello all!

Our monthly meeting will be taking place today at 9am PST / 11am CST / 12pm EST /5pm GMT / 7am NZD.

We will be speaking to Lauren Callis, co-founder and executive director of Curiosity Studio, as well as An Upcycled Closet, and art therapist about the practice of mending, maintaining traditional skill sets, and advocating for repair within a community context.

If you have not done so yet, you can register here.

Can't wait to see you all!
Devon
Information Maintainers Co-facilitaor

Lauren A Callis

Mar 19, 2021, 11:58:03 AM3/19/21
to Devon Olson, Information Maintainers, Lauren Dapena Fraiz, Jordan Hale
Hi Devon! I'm having trouble accessing the link. Would you mind sending it to me?
--
An Upcycled Closet, LLC

Devon Olson

Mar 19, 2021, 1:11:28 PM3/19/21
to Lauren A Callis, Information Maintainers, Lauren Dapena Fraiz, Jordan Hale
Oh dear! Just seeing this now, Lauren. I had the wrong link too, but I am SO GLAD you got in okay! My apologies for that initial difficulty.

But it was  WONDERFUL MEETING! Thank you so very much for joining us! I'm going to send out a recap in a little bit, and then we'll send out the recording next week via the list as well. I'll continue to CC you, but did you have anything further you wanted to share? Resources?

Devon

Lauren Dapena Fraiz

Mar 19, 2021, 2:30:17 PM3/19/21
to Devon Olson, Lauren A Callis, Information Maintainers, Jordan Hale
Hi Lauren,

Thank you so much for bringing your knowledge and expertise on mending! It was a true pleasure to have you today- what a great discussion! I do want to apologize for the technological difficulties, technology too needs mending as was pointed out! Your patience and kindness are very appreciated :)

You should receive the honorarium check within the next few weeks, please let me know if there is any delay. I also wanted to invite you to refer speakers for future events, if you have any information maintenance enthusiasts in mind - we especially encourage QTIBIPOC speaker suggestions- please feel free to send them our way.

Have a lovely weekend!

Lauren

Lauren A Callis

Mar 22, 2021, 1:28:48 PM3/22/21
to Lauren Dapena Fraiz, Devon Olson, Information Maintainers, Jordan Hale
Wonderful! Thank you so much everyone for having me. I appreciate it so much. Seriously NO worries on the technology.

Here is my list of resources attached for two separate presentations but equally influenced what I provided y'all. I will keep thinking about other speakers.
Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 12.26.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 12.28.25 PM.png
Thank you so much!