recording posted! Feb. mtg. with Elisabeth Nicula

Devon Olson

Mar 8, 2021, 11:31:07 AM3/8/21
to Information Maintainers, Lauren Dapena Fraiz, Jordan Hale, Jessica Meyerson, Lauren A Callis, Elisabeth Nicula
Hello my dear info maintainers!

The recording of our visit with Elisabeth Nicula has been posted to our Info Maintainers site. Interdisciplinary artist Elisabeth Nicula discussed the maintenance of her artistic practice and archives. Elisabeth is from Norfolk, Virginia, and her artwork is in conversation with nature. She is interested in seeing and being seen by the non-human world; abstracted scales of space and time; and poetics and memory. Her websites—handmade compositions of animated GIFs and videos, drawings, photography, and text—tend the emotional landscape amidst ecological disaster

I myself was unable to attend and am VERY excited to watch. Please do reach out to the list with thoughts or questions about maintaining an art practice, or really anything else. I myself have been ruminating on my own memories of making art. I tried for a very long time to be as skilled at drawing as my very talented artist sister, but it never quite panned out... But perhaps my failed drawings are a record of something other than failure?

We shall continue our focus on maintaining art as info later this month when we speak with Lauren Callis on mending! Lauren is the co-founder and executive director of Curiosity Studio, as well as An Upcycled Closet, and art therapist.

Happy International Women's Day!

Devon
Information Maintainers Co-Facilitator