Texas CPAAA - Ben Hernandez

Murdock, Dorris (Nokia - US/Dallas)

Dec 20, 2020, 4:46:42 PM12/20/20
to tcpaaa-i...@texascpaaa.net

It is with a heavy heart that I say yesterday we lost a wonderful friend and former Texas CPAAA President, Ben Hernandez. Chief Ron Morales (Dickinson PD) phoned yesterday to say that Ben passed away after complications from a stroke, but he did not suffer.

Ben was instrumental in establishing the Texas Citizen Police Academy Alumni Association Board in 2005. Ben and (retired) Officer Joe Munoz saw a need for a State organization to help secure our annual conventions. Ben served as President from 2005-2009, we are grateful for his dedication. Ben was a long time member of the Dickinson CPAAA.

Ben was always a gentleman, greeting everyone with an infectious smile and wearing his cowboy hat and boots he was easy to spot in a crowd!  His greeting always came with a sincere “if you need anything, just let me know”.

Attached are a few photo’s

Please say a prayer for Ben’s wife Mary Sue and his family and friends he left behind. You will be missed Ben, Rest in Peace sir.

On behalf of the Texas CPAAA BOD with our deepest sympathy

Dorris Murdock

Texas CPAAA

VP Conventions

Ben Hernandez_TCPAAA.pdf

Leo Waltz - TCPAAA admin

Dec 21, 2020, 3:51:35 PM12/21/20
to tcpaaa-i...@texascpaaa.net
Here is a link to an album that I have started with photos of Ben.  https://photos.app.goo.gl/PHyTNsLXH5RT52xJA
The photos cover several years, and start with a single photo from 2005, then go into a board meeting in 2006 followed by the 2006 convention and end in 2009.

I located over 200 photos with Ben in them and this album has about 45 so far, but unless I can locate one missing year (2004) prior to the creation of the TCPAAA, this my be the extent.  As my time allows, I will do a printable PDF which takes a few hours for me to do the layout.  And I will add to the "In Memory" web page on the state website later.

Note that if you select the slideshow option to view, the interval between photos may be too short if you have a slower internet connection. But you can pause it and advance manually.

Leo
--

Leo Waltz
Web Manager