2021 Texas Citizen Police Academy Alumni and Law Enforcement Annual Training 3/7/2021

Murdock, Dorris (Nokia - US/Dallas)

Mar 8, 2021, 3:19:07 AMMar 8
to tcpaaa-i...@texascpaaa.net

                                                   2021 Texas Citizen Police Academy Alumni and Law Enforcement Annual Training

July 28 – July 31

Greetings to all,

 As a reminder from the previous email we are moving forward with the 2021 TCPAAA Convention and Law Enforcement Training in Plano.

Your To Do List:

  • Mail in your convention registration, here is the link to the form: http://texascpaaa.net/convention/
  • If your Alumni is planning to have a table in the Exhibit Hall, reserve it soon, limited space available.
  • The Marriott Legacy Hotel, convention dates are July 28, 29, 30, 31. Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday…. go home on Sunday.

July 28 Wednesday:  check in to the hotel, check in at Convention Registration Desk, Hospitality Room is open for set up and the Ice Breaker that evening.

July 29 Thursday – Opening Ceremonies and classes all day

July 30 Friday – Classes all day

July 31 Saturday – Classes and Awards Dinner that evening

August 1 Sunday – Hotel Check Out

  • 2021 Award Nominations, Peace Officer of the Year, Alumni Association of the Year, Alumni Member of the Year and Alumni membership of the Year.

due to COVID /cancellation of the 2020 convention we will have a double awards presentation one for 2020 and the other for 2021, deadline to submit your nominations is

June 28, 2021, link: http://texascpaaa.org/2021AwardNominationsPacket.pdf

  • Convention Class Schedule, we will send a Preliminary Schedule out around April 1. It is only a preliminary until the final can be released closer to convention time. Schedules take a lot of work and time to confirm speakers and assign them to the right classroom, things change so schedules change. Plano has some great speakers/classes lined up, here are a few as a sneak preview:
  • Family vs Workplace Violence
  • Public Relations Officer and the Media
  • Texas Equusearch
  • Catfish Cops
  • Officer Chases Suspect After Being Shot
  • CPAAA Making the Most of Your Meetings
  • Law Enforcement Round Table
  • Commercial Retail Loss Prevention
  • SRO
  • Home Safety
  • Personal Safety
  • And ROCK ‘N’ ROLL BINGO!
  • More classes in the works….including a special guest for the evening of the Awards Dinner, you will not want to miss.

Please don’t wait any longer let’s get ready to attend the 2021 TCPAAA Convention and Law Enforcement Training in Plano. If you have any questions, just email or call me.

On behalf of the Texas CPAAA Board of Directors we look forward to seeing everyone in July!

Dorris Murdock

TCPAAA VP Conventions

972-989-2661