TCPAAA Convention info 2020 and 2021

Murdock, Dorris (Nokia - US/Dallas)

May 8, 2020, 2:58:28 PM5/8/20
to tcpaaa-i...@texascpaaa.net

Happy Friday to all,

As we all are adjusting to a new normal from the effects of COVID-19 in our personal lives as well as our volunteer activities & meetings, the Texas CPAAA would like to try and keep a few things going for all of us.

TCPAAA Award Nominations, several members inquired about the awards that normally are presented at the 2020 Convention.  We are asking everyone to carry forward with your Nominations for 2020, please. We plan to follow the same process in reviewing the nominations, but we will not announce the winners until the 2021 Convention. This will not replace nominations for the following year but we will have two presentations for 2020 and 2021. We have extended the submission deadline this year to August 1, 2020.   Here is the link for information and procedure: http://texascpaaa.org/2020AwardNominationsPacket.pdf

  • Alumni Membership of the Year
  • Award - Alumni Member of the Year
  • Award – Peace Officer of the Year
  • Alumni Association of the Year

Early Registration, 2021 TCPAAA Convention & Law Enforcement Training, hosted by the Plano CPAAA, July 28 – July 31.

Since we are unable to do early register or have the drawing durning the 2020 Convention, the Plano CPAAA is still planning to open Early Registraion and a drawing. They will draw from your early registration forms received by July 30th. The drawing for One Free registration and One Free night stay at the Marriott Hotel will be held on July 31th. Viewing of the drawing will be via Zoom (details will come later) and recorded so the viedeo can be posted. The Plano CPAAA will conact the winners then the Texas CPAAA will annonce via email. Instead of 3 days to register early you will have over 2 months to be eligible for the drawing!  For those that are receiveng their refunds from the 2020 convention it’s a great time to still use those funds for convention. See attached 2021 Registration form or go to: http://texascpaaa.net/convention/2021.html .

Have a great weekend and for the mom’s out there, we wish you a very Happy Mother’s Day!

Take care, stay well

On behalf of the Texas CPAAA Board of Directors,

Dorris Murdock

TCPAAA VP Conventions

2021RegistrationForm.pdf