2024 TCPAAA - updates

Dorris Murdock

Nov 26, 2023, 11:36:29 AM11/26/23
to tcpaaa-i...@texascpaaa.net

Good Morning Texas CPAAA,

     We hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and now ‘Tis the Season we start preparing for Christmas, it will be here before we know it.

There hasn’t been an email for a while so we wanted to send a few updates.

In October, the TCPAAA Board received notification from Abby Cash that she has decided to resign as the President of the Texas CPAAA. Abby and her husband (Hugh) recently moved to Wichita Falls to be near family. She is taking her health into consideration and feels it's time she redirect her energy and focus spending much needed time with family. We understand and we want to Thank Abby for her dedication to the Texas CPAAA and wish her all the best! We hope she will join us for the upcoming conventions.

Now we need a President, so at the October 28 TCPAAA Board meeting we asked Barbara Cook to step out of her role as the current Past President and fill the remaining term as President, she accepted our request and is now once again the President. Thank you Barbara!

We regret having sad news to share, we send our sincere condolences for the passing of Leo Waltz’s wife Mary Margaret Carlisle on November 10, 2023. As some may know Leo served the TCPAAA Board as the Webmaster 16 years and recently stepped down.  Please keep Leo in your thoughts and prayers.

Convention Info:

It’s never too early to get your Registration sent in and to make your Hotel Room Reservations!

Per the last email we have the room rate, the reservation link, and a phone number to call and make your room reservations for the Texas CPAAA Convention & Law Enforcement Training conference hosted by Region One.

  • Convention Dates:  Sunday June 23 – Wednesday June 26 – Please make your reservation for 6/23/24 – 6/27/24  CHECK-OUT is Thursday AM.
  • Room Rate: $99 a night + taxes
  • Location: South Shore Harbour Resort & Conference Center - 2500 South Shore Blvd, League City, TX 77573
  • Call Reservations: 281-334-1000 or 800 442-5005 and ask for “Group Reservations” give them the Group Name- TCPAAA for special rate.
  • Special Rate will apply to 2 days before and 2 days after the convention. Be aware of the dates you select when making reservations online, please.
  • Reservation link click:

TCPAAA

On behalf of the TCPAAA Board of Directors have a great week!

Dorris Murdock

Texas CPAAA VP Conventions