September 2020 Region One meeting Montgomery County Sheriff Citizens Academy

Leo - Region One Newsletter

Aug 22, 2020, 3:27:31 PM8/22/20
to Region One list
Region One: The following is being sent at the request of Region One Director Phil Niewald.  The information is already posted on the Region One Meetings webpage at http://texascpaaa.org/Region1/meetings.html and is available as a printable 2 page pdf file, attached. The September Region One newsletter will also have the information and it will be published approximately Sept 1.
Leo Waltz, Region One Director position 1.

Good day to you!
   MCSCAAA is very excited to host the September 2020 Region One meeting and we thank them for having it. Due to everything going on, there is some strict protocol we all have to follow for the meeting. PLEASE NOTE-THERE WILL BE NO FOOD OR DRINK SERVED. MEETING START TIME WILL BE 9:30 TO ALLOW TIME ENOUGH FOR ALL TO COME.  SEE NOTE AT THE BOTTOM TO PLEASE RSVP.
Thanks.
Phil Niewald
Region One-Director 3

Here is the invitation from Debra Welch Lee, President MCSCAAA

As you know, our Association is a part of Region One of the Texas CPAAA.   Like the rest of us, Region One has been forced to cancel most of its meetings this year.  However, Region One will be holding its September meeting, and I am pleased to announce that MCSCAAA will be serving as the host chapter.  The meeting is scheduled as follows:
  • TCPAAA Region One Meeting
  • MCSO Clint Peebles Training Academy, 112 Academy Dr. Conroe, TX 77301
  • Saturday, September 12th
  • 9:30am meeting start time
  • Guest Speaker:   Retired MCSO Sergeant Brice Herring

Recognizing the on-going situation with Covid-19, we will conduct the meeting with the following plan:

 We will meet in the gymnasium.

  • The chairs will be spaced 6-feet apart.
  • Chairs will be sanitized with cleaning wipes prior to the meeting.
  • Chair rows will be spaced 6-feet apart.
  • There will be no tables in the rows.
  • We will have a minimum of three ushers that greet Members outside the building, and escort people directly to their seats in an orderly fashion.
  • We will ask Members to please practice good social distancing, both before and after the meeting.
  • We will encourage everyone to wear a mask.
  • No sign-up sheet will be used, a member of the Executive Board will record the (MCSCAAA) attendance for you. (Phil Niewald will record the rest of the Region One attendees)
  • At the conclusion of the meeting, we will exit the building row-by-row, in an orderly fashion.
  • A small group will sanitize the chairs with cleaning wipes after the meeting, and move them to the wall when we are done.
  • Everyone is asked to recognize that we have committed to Steve that we will follow this plan, and he has secured permission from MCSO for us to use the facility on that basis.  Please, let's not let Steve down on our commitment.

That's it for now ...... we hope to see you at the Region One meeting on September 12th.

Thanks!

God Bless America!!

Debbie Welch Lee
President
MCSCAAA

** Note if you are planning to attend:  PLEASE RSVP by 9/10/2020 to Phil Niewald at:  edfit...@yahoo.com so we have an idea of how many chairs we will need to set up. In your email please put in the subject line: Attending 9/12 Region One meeting-Your Name. Then in the rest of the email list the names of anyone else you are replying for. If none put "no other". The reason is we want to be sure to accommodate all that will be attending the meeting  with the proper social distancing and in case need to change locations due to the number of attendees.

--

Leo Waltz
The FLASH