2020 TEXAS CPAAA CONVENTION & LAW ENFORCEMENT TRAINING

Murdock, Dorris (Nokia - US/Dallas)

Apr 8, 2020, 12:17:23 PM4/8/20
to tcpaaa-i...@texascpaaa.net

Hello TCPAAA Members,

   With our deepest regrets we are informing you that the 2020 TCPAAA Convention has been cancelled. We’re sad that this will be the first time in 28 years we have been without a convention but not surprised with the current health pandemic. We’re going to miss seeing everyone this year but look forward to 2021.

Please see the email below from Mary Jo Prince

Stay healthy, on behalf of the Texas CPAAA Board of Directors

Dorris Murdock

Texas CPAAA VP Conventions

Dear Texas CPAAA Members,

     First let me say that you all have been in my thoughts and prayers - and will continue to be - as you all go through the effects of this horrible, unprecedented and unpredictable pandemic crisis. It has affected us all in ways none of us could have ever anticipated.

     With Gov. Abbott's extension of the Emergency Declaration and extension of the quarantine directives through May 1st, at the earliest, followed by communications with our convention planning committee and Dorris Murdock, we have had to come to the unfortunate decision that we cannot effectively host and present the caliber event that we had anticipated. With the State Board's approval, we are requesting that Bryan-College Station-Brazos County be rescheduled for the 2023 Convention.

     Our painstaking decision was not an easy one and like many other events, was based on  the following components:

a) uncertainty of how long the crisis will last and when will the peak be reached;

b) we have not been able to conduct productive committee planning meetings due to 10-person directives and facilities not being available; (c) our prospective sponsors' financial concerns have put discretionary event funding into "low" or "no" statuses; likewise, we are aware that this crisis may warrant financial concerns among our state members as well;

d) CSPD, Bryan PD and BCSO personnel and resources are being stretched thin and the timing for getting "back to normal" operations is uncertain.

     Convention Finance Chair, Phillip Schraub and I will be working together to get your convention registration refunds to you. The refund checks will be issued to the addresses provided in you registration form(s), You will be receiving a full registration refund, less your $10 annual TCPAAA membership fee, which will be sent to the state board for processing for your 2020 membership. Please allow 4-6 weeks for our processing of these refunds.

      . Please believe me when I say no one is more disappointed in this difficult decision than I am, and send a personal thanks to our 2020 Vision Convention & Law Enforcement Training Committee for their time, effort and support into delivering an incredible event for you all. And you'll have our same efforts as we move our efforts to the 2023 Convention. Thanks also to Dorris Murdock and the TCPAAA State Board for their cooperation and support in our planning efforts. Lastly, thanks to all of you for your enthusiasm and support, as well as for your consideration and understanding of our decision and we'll see you all in Plano in 2021! Stay safe and well.

Mary Jo Prince, Civilian Chair

2020 TCPAAA Convention