Deprecating Windows

Robert Crowe

Jul 17, 2023, 2:47:59 PM7/17/23
to TensorFlow Extended (TFX)
Hi TFX Community,

TL;DR - We are planning to deprecate TFX support for Windows

We have maintained support for Windows across the TFX family, including TFX, TFDV, TFT, MLMD, and TFMA for several years now.  However, we have seen very low usage of the Windows releases, and the burden for building and testing a Windows package for every release slows down our release processes, complicates updates, and consumes engineering resources.

As a result we've decided to deprecate Windows support later this year.  Details on the exact date and release affected will be announced at a later date.

I know that for those of you actively developing on Windows this probably comes as bad news.  I would encourage you to start looking at alternatives such as Github Codespaces or other VM-based options if you do not currently have access to a Linux development system.

thanks,

Robert

Robert Crowe | Product Manager, TF OSS & MLOps | rober...@google.com  | @robert_crowe