Example for running ResNet50 with TFRT

Md Faijul Amin

Jul 9, 2020, 12:29:39 AM7/9/20
to TensorFlow Runtime
Hi,

I am new to TFRT. Where can I get an example for running ResNet50 with TFRT (CPU or GPU backend).

Thanks,
Amin

Chuanhao Zhuge

Jul 9, 2020, 12:33:01 PM7/9/20
to Md Faijul Amin, TensorFlow Runtime, Mingsheng Hong
Hi Amin,

Thank you for reaching out!

We will open-source Resnet-50 MLIR programs for both graph/eager inference along with GPU backend support soon. At the moment, the programs are hand written, similar to the already open-sourced MNIST model MLIR programs, to showcase the TFRT infra. We are also actively working on end-to-end model supports, which include integration with TensorFlow, SavedModel based serving, MLIR based compiler stack, and more. Relevant infra code will be submitted to both the TensorFlow and TFRT repos.

Feel free to submit Github issues if you have further inquiries or suggestions!

Best,
Chuanhao

Chuanhao Zhuge | Software Engineer | chua...@google.com | TensorFlow

Amin, Md Faijul

Jul 9, 2020, 12:38:01 PM7/9/20
to Chuanhao Zhuge, TensorFlow Runtime, Mingsheng Hong

Hi Chuanhao,

Thank you very much! MNIST model would also help.

Looking forward to ResNet50 TFRT programs.

Kind Regards,

Amin

Dong Lin

Sep 22, 2020, 2:27:29 AM9/22/20
to TensorFlow Runtime, Md Faijul Amin, TensorFlow Runtime, Mingsheng Hong, Chuanhao Zhuge
Hi Md,

We have added a ResNet50 inference test to TFRT repo. You can find the instruction to run this test at https://github.com/tensorflow/runtime/blob/master/documents/resnet.md.

Cheers,
Dong

Dong Lin

Sep 23, 2020, 11:09:44 AM9/23/20
to TensorFlow Runtime, Md Faijul Amin, Mingsheng Hong, Chuanhao Zhuge
Hi Md,

Just to clarify, the ResNet50 inference test documented here is a CPU-only test. It is not the GPU inference benchmark presented in the 2020 TensorFlow DevSummit. More work needs to be done before OSS TFRT can run GPU test.

Thanks,
Dong