An attempt at epistemologic+aleatoric modelling

Man Old

Dec 22, 2021, 6:13:53 AM12/22/21
to TensorFlow Probability
In this google colab, I've tried to implement an epistemologic and aleatoric modelling of a non-linear data generating process.
Here's a picture of the data
image.png

However, I don't know why, the Bayesian Neural Network doesn't seem to model it correctly... I've used the same data set, and a deterministic NN model (regular dense layers instead of dense variational), with just aleatoric modelling, and there was no problem... I think I may be making some mistake in creating the Bayesian Neural Network.

Here's a picture of some of the means

image.png

Kind regards.

Man Old

Dec 22, 2021, 6:30:47 AM12/22/21
to Man Old, TensorFlow Probability
I think there was something wrong with the link...
I'll try to attach the file... Let's see if this works.

It's my first time using mail forum.

Forum TFP - Doubt.ipynb