tfp.mcmc.NoUTurnSampler is not working with ReplicaExchangeMC

Damian Ndiwago

Mar 23, 2022, 4:50:20 PM3/23/22
to TensorFlow Probability
Hi all,

I get error REMCFieldNotFoundError: NUTSKernelResults( ) or a kernel result nested within it is currently not supported by the ReplicaExchangeMC kernel. Is there any way I can get around this for NUTS? Here is a link to the example I run

Thank you,
Damian

Junpeng Lao

Mar 26, 2022, 4:51:13 AM3/26/22
to TensorFlow Probability, ndiwag...@gmail.com
Hi Damian,

I am not sure it is possible to use NUTS with ReplicaExchangeMC, as NUTS proposal contains multiple proposals (any state on the Hamiltonian trajectory during the binary tree building are valid proposal as they are on the same level set), unlike HMC or MH that contains a single proposal, which the information related to the proposal is used by ReplicaExchangeMC.

Damian Ndiwago

Mar 30, 2022, 3:02:24 AM3/30/22
to Junpeng Lao, TensorFlow Probability
Hi Junpeng,