TFLM on Android (ARM CPU)

Buisness Professionals

Aug 2, 2021, 2:45:24 PM8/2/21
to TensorFlow Lite
Hi all,

I am trying to cross compile the Hello World project for ARM CPU and wasn't able to make it work. I was able to do the same with TFLite but I wasn't able to do the same with TFLM. Anyone has any suggestions on this?

Thanks!

Jaesung Chung

Aug 2, 2021, 7:09:14 PM8/2/21
to Buisness Professionals, Pete Warden, Advait Jain, TensorFlow Lite

Pete Warden

Aug 2, 2021, 7:46:41 PM8/2/21
to Jaesung Chung, Buisness Professionals, Advait Jain, TensorFlow Lite, tflm-team
We don't support TensorFlow Lite Micro on Arm Cortex A-series CPUs, because they're usually able to run TFL mobile and include optimizations like NEON SIMD that improve performance.

Can you describe the problem you're trying to solve? That might help us offer advice on the best path forward.

Buisness Professionals

Aug 2, 2021, 7:53:36 PM8/2/21
to TensorFlow Lite, Pete Warden, Buisness Professionals, Advait Jain, TensorFlow Lite, tflm-team, Jaesung Chung
So, I was able to run using TFLite on ARM devices. Wanted to try the same with TFLM since its more light weight. No specific problem. Just exploring for my own benefit.

Pete Warden

Aug 2, 2021, 8:06:31 PM8/2/21
to Buisness Professionals, TensorFlow Lite, Advait Jain, tflm-team, Jaesung Chung
Thanks for the update! In that case, I would recommend sticking with TFL mobile. There aren't any guarantees that the runtime will be much smaller with Micro on Android, and the need to avoid memory allocations and OS functions makes the code harder to work with.