nvdla delegate with custom input and weight formats

Jas Math

May 4, 2021, 4:24:18 AM5/4/21
to TensorFlow Lite
Hi,

I am looking to create a new delegate for a NVDLA backend, however operations like a convolution require the input (feature data format C'WHC) and weights (C'KWHC) to be in a propriety format. Therefore the data need to be converted before I can invoke the delegate operations. I'm trying determine how I could feed the delegate the custom format? I would like to avoid having to do an on the fly transformation as this will have a impact on performance could negate using NVDLA.

Thanks

Thai Nguyen

May 5, 2021, 11:34:14 PM5/5/21
to Jas Math, TensorFlow Lite
Hi Jas,
As you can see in our guide (https://www.tensorflow.org/lite/performance/implementing_delegate), there are `Init`, `Prepare` and `Eval` in the delegate interface. So if it is the constant data, then you can convert it inside `Init` or `Prepare`. Otherwise, I am afraid that it needs to be converted on the fly (Ex: in our GL delegate).

Best Regards,
Nguyen Khac Thai