Using tensorflow.js from C++ via Emscripten

Jim Lloyd

Feb 24, 2021, 6:16:02 PM2/24/21
to TensorFlow.js Discussion

I have a moderately large library of C++ code that uses the tensorflow_cc API. I have just started working with Emscripten/emcc and am excited by the potential to port my application to run in node.js using tensorflow.js.

I want to refactor my C++ code so that most of it can be agnostic as to which Tensorflow backend is in use. I expect that this will be done by abstracting Tensor and Model.

Is there a C++ interface to the tensorflow.js API?

To be clear, the Javascript API looks great. I have already confirmed that I can convert my SavedModel format models using tensorflowjs_converter. I am just looking for a clean way to use both of the tensorflow_cc and tensorflow.js backends from my predominantly C++ codebase with a relatively small amount of glue code.

Thanks,

Jim Lloyd

(also posted to stackoverflow)

Jim Lloyd

Mar 6, 2021, 3:20:47 PM3/6/21
to TensorFlow.js Discussion
I was not able to find the C++ interface that I was looking for, but I did figure out how to call Tensforflow.js from C++. My first crude but working code is available at this gist.

Jason Mayes

Mar 8, 2021, 11:44:43 AM3/8/21
to Jim Lloyd, TensorFlow.js Discussion
Thanks for sharing your findings Jim.

--

  •  Jason Mayes
  •  Senior Developer Relations Engineer, TensorFlow.js

This email may be confidential and privileged. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it has gone to the wrong person.