Slack Emails

Evan Hennis

Dec 22, 2019, 4:45:49 PM12/22/19
to tes...@tensorflow.org
I just got 6 emails from the slack group. Is something happening or is someone trying to access my account?

Evan Hennis

Sam Foreman

Dec 22, 2019, 4:52:40 PM12/22/19
to tes...@tensorflow.org, Evan Hennis
Hello,

I think it might be my fault, I got the the email (attached below) and initially thought it was a new slack workspace for the tensorflow testing email list.

I subsequently tried making an account, which I think was created with the `tes...@tensorflow.org` email address.

I’m not entirely sure what to do?

 I tried logging in to delete the account but it keeps telling me the password is incorrect.

Best,
Sam Foreman

On Dec 22, 2019, 3:45 PM -0600, Evan Hennis <evanh...@gmail.com>, wrote:
I just got 6 emails from the slack group. Is something happening or is someone trying to access my account?

Evan Hennis

Aakash Kumar Nain

Dec 23, 2019, 1:10:24 AM12/23/19
to Sam Foreman, TensorFlow Community Testing, Evan Hennis
Can someone please look into this? I have received dozens of emails regarding `password change`  for the slack? This is really annoying.

Regards,
Aakash Nain

Paige Bailey

Dec 23, 2019, 1:44:33 AM12/23/19
to Aakash Kumar Nain, Edd Wilder-James, Sam Foreman, TensorFlow Community Testing, Evan Hennis
I've alerted +Edd Wilder-James, who manages the TensorFlow Slack instance.

The Workplace notifications have been flagged as spam, and will also be removed / blocked from testing@.

Thank you all for flagging, and apologies for the frustration!
.pb

Paige Bailey

Product Manager (TensorFlow)

@DynamicWebPaige

webp...@google.com

Edd Wilder-James

Dec 23, 2019, 10:15:29 AM12/23/19
to Paige Bailey, Aakash Kumar Nain, Sam Foreman, TensorFlow Community Testing, Evan Hennis
I've fixed the configuration on testing@ to deny posting from non-members. We usually do that by default, so this must have been an oversight when the list was made.

Second, there is no official Slack instance: we use Gitter for our chat channels. I don't know who set this one up but it's not valid or endorsed.

Michael Turchin

Jan 6, 2020, 9:41:01 AM1/6/20
to TensorFlow Community Testing
@Edd,
How do you join the Gitter instance? Do you need my email to add me or is there a specific workspace name that I can request to join?

Thanks in advance!

- Mike

Jason Zaman

Jan 6, 2020, 12:24:38 PM1/6/20
to Michael Turchin, TensorFlow Community Testing
All the channels are here: https://gitter.im/tensorflow/
You'll have to sign in with your github account then join some of the channels. there is one for each SIG and a few others.
If you're interested in testing specifically, we're taking on a whole bunch of that work now in SIG-Build (https://gitter.im/tensorflow/sig-build) also our monthly meeting is tomorrow if you want to join in too :)

-- Jason