How to contribute efficiently?

aph...@gmail.com

Oct 21, 2019, 11:07:18 PM10/21/19
to TensorFlow Community Testing
Hi,
I've read all the contributing related articles and I also searched some keywords on both google groups.
Howevery I could not find any post related to how to work on Tensorflow codebase efficiently.

I've made my first PR request on Github, I can't trigger the CI manually somehow (why it is not triggered automatically?).
It takes a lot of time to build Tensorflow from source  code. Could you tell me how can I the make the workflow faster? Or could you provide any docs/blogs to look at?

Thank you

Martin Wicke

Oct 24, 2019, 12:58:25 PM10/24/19
to aph...@gmail.com, TensorFlow Community Testing
Only committers (people who have committed a bunch, and are given write access to the repo) can trigger CI. We monitor PRs and someone should trigger it for you.

Building TF locally is always a good idea. If you work directly in the files, rebuilding should be fast (although the initial build is definitely slow).

Side note, please move over to devel...@tensorflow.org. We're moving the testing group over there.