Code Security Issues

Nafis Tanveer Islam

Feb 7, 2024, 7:46:34 PMFeb 7
to TensorFlow Community Testing, Paul Rad

Hello,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to you on behalf of our security research team with urgent and critical information regarding a recently discovered code vulnerability in your software.

Our team has identified a 0-day vulnerability that poses a significant security risk to your product. This vulnerability could potentially allow malicious actors to exploit the system, leading to unauthorized access, data breaches, and other serious security incidents. We have conducted thorough analysis and confirmed the existence and severity of this vulnerability.

We found the vulnerability in the following repository.

https://github.com/tensorflow/tensorflow/blob/master/tensorflow/c/c_api.ccin

Funciton Name: “RecordMutation

Function Name: “TF_SetAttrStringList”

Given the critical nature of this issue, we urge you to look if our finding is correct or not. If it is correct, we would urge you to take a look into the matter,

Sincerely,

Nafis Tanveer Islam

PhD Student

University of Texas at San Antonio