SiG TensorBoard Introduction Thread

Justine Tunney

Apr 3, 2018, 5:38:21 PM4/3/18
to sig-ten...@tensorflow.org
Welcome to sig-ten...@tensorflow.org special interest group.

My name is Justine Tunney. I'm the lead engineer on TensorBoard. My bio is here. My experience is on LinkedIn. I'm @jart on GitHub. I gave a talk at the yearly TensorFlow Dev Summit last week.

This mailing list is:
  1. Publicly readable (maximum transparency / posterity)
  2. Curated posting (fair representation / focused discussion)
Its membership consists of individuals who've agreed to represent the interests of stakeholders. I intend to represent the TensorBoard core team. I've asked others to follow this model for the time being. Please note other communities exist for TensorBoard, e.g. #tensorboard, /r/tensorboard, and StackOverflow. I'd like to thank Edd Wilder-James for his leading role in the formation of this and many other communities.

With that said, I'd encourage our members to post introductions in this thread. I'd also encourage our members to start discussion topics. Lastly note our list charter will be posted soon.

dav...@nvidia.com

Apr 9, 2018, 12:09:15 PM4/9/18
to SIG TensorBoard
Thanks Justine and Edd for setting up this SIG.

My name is David Goodwin and I'm a Principal Engr at NVIDIA working on ML tools. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to present and discuss future ideas and directions for TensorBoard.

Tzu-Wei Huang

Apr 10, 2018, 5:05:01 AM4/10/18
to SIG TensorBoard
Hi, my name is Tzu-Wei Huang. I am studying Ph.D. now and doing research on image related topics. I think I was invited because of the tensorboard-pytorch repo. It currently supports pytorch, chainer, mxnet, numpy, hope that more DL frameworks are able to reuse the great features of tensorboard.

freis...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2018, 1:01:01 PM4/10/18
to SIG TensorBoard
Thanks for kicking off this thread, Justine!

My name is Fred Reiss, and I'm Chief Architect at IBM's Center for Open-Source Data and AI Technologies in San Francisco (CODAIT for short). Several of our engineers are currently working on projects related to TensorFlow and TensorBoard.

Fred

Edd Wilder-James

Apr 10, 2018, 7:24:09 PM4/10/18
to SIG TensorBoard
I'm Edd Wilder-James, and I work on open source strategy for TensorFlow. I'm here to assist in organizing and helping the group be as useful as possible to the TensorBoard project. I'm excited for the possibilities and thanks to you all for being a part of this. Feel free to reach out to me at any time with issues big or small regarding your collaboration with TensorFlow projects.

Jeremy Lewi

Apr 10, 2018, 7:32:22 PM4/10/18
to Edd Wilder-James, SIG TensorBoard
I'm Jeremy Lewi. I work at Google. I'm the tech lead at Google for Kubeflow.