[S4TF Open Design Meeting] Project Updates - 2/12

Ewa Matejska

Feb 10, 2021, 6:02:22 PM2/10/21
to Swift for TensorFlow, Brennan Saeta, Brad Larson
Hi All,

Please join us this week (2/12) to hear about the latest S4TF's project updates.

As usual, the meeting will be at 9am pacific / 17:00 UTC. Coordinates and agenda document below.

See you all soon!

All the best,
-Ewa

Agenda document:  here

Meeting coordinates:
OR join by phone: ‪+1 475-558-0218‬ PIN: ‪624 329‬#

Benedikt Eliasson

Feb 14, 2021, 10:56:31 AM2/14/21
to Swift for TensorFlow, emat...@google.com, Brennan Saeta, bradl...@google.com
Hey all,
I could not make it to the meeting and just saw the slides. I am really sad to see the project go down just like that as I just got everything set up nicely and loved to work with S4TF..

Do you plan to upload the video recording?

JBM Gmail

Feb 14, 2021, 11:40:58 AM2/14/21
to Benedikt Eliasson, Swift for TensorFlow, emat...@google.com, Brennan Saeta, bradl...@google.com
Whaaa???

I’m confused… It seemed like S4TF was almost ready for prime time—why has it been killed? Is there any path forward, or is the hope that the open source community will take it on themselves? Or is Apple taking it over?

This seems kinda tragic to me. I have to confess to pretty much hating Python, so Swift was an exciting option for me…

J.

JBM Gmail

Feb 14, 2021, 1:00:32 PM2/14/21
to Benedikt Eliasson, Swift for TensorFlow, emat...@google.com, Brennan Saeta, bradl...@google.com

Or is Apple taking it over?

Answering my own question, I see there’s: https://github.com/apple/tensorflow_macos
(I didn’t realize this existed—it does look quite new… seems to have started in Nov 2020.)
Also the MLCompute framework for macOS 11+, so that's promising for macOS. I guess devs working on Ubuntu will be depending on continued community development.

J.

Andreas

Feb 14, 2021, 1:17:00 PM2/14/21
to JBM Gmail, Benedikt Eliasson, Swift for TensorFlow, emat...@google.com, Brennan Saeta, bradl...@google.com
Julia Language to the rescue 🎊: https://www.oxinabox.net/2021/02/13/Julia-1.6-what-has-changed-since-1.0.html

Sent from my iPhone

Raja Cherukuri

Feb 14, 2021, 2:18:21 PM2/14/21
to Andreas, Benedikt Eliasson, Brennan Saeta, JBM Gmail, Swift for TensorFlow, bradl...@google.com, emat...@google.com
Choosing the right language at the beginning matters.
Swift adoption seem to have happened only because of the force and charisma  of its original cofounder of the project from Apple.
Everywhere he use toon why not Julia popped up and there was no clear answer.
Looks like it seem to be the one that is getting adopted by serious CS folks nd data scientists alike.

But thank you Google for the fun ride while it lasted.

JBM Gmail

Feb 15, 2021, 2:29:49 PM2/15/21
to Raja Cherukuri, Andreas, Benedikt Eliasson, Brennan Saeta, Swift for TensorFlow, bradl...@google.com, emat...@google.com
On Feb 14, 2021, at 11:18 AM, Raja Cherukuri <raj...@gmail.com> wrote:

Choosing the right language at the beginning matters.
Swift adoption seem to have happened only because of the force and charisma  of its original cofounder of the project from Apple.

“Only” is definitely a stretch. Given how much they’ve done with it, your assumption that ending the project had anything to do with Swift being the wrong language seems misguided—they could have come to that conclusion years ago.

Dane christian Neilson

Nov 28, 2023, 11:59:50 AM11/28/23
to Swift for TensorFlow, jamesbeckw...@gmail.com, andreas...@gmail.com, Benedikt Eliasson, sa...@google.com, Swift for TensorFlow, bradl...@google.com, emat...@google.com
MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
LOAN DEAL
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
IPIP/DTC
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
DUMPS/ PINS
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
BITCOIN TOP UP
GLOBALPAY INC US
SKRILL USA
UNIONPAY RECEIVER

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP
+14234753476