VM Images

Mark Lambert

Feb 18, 2021, 2:28:32 PM2/18/21
to Swift for TensorFlow
Hello All,

With the move to consuming stock Swift.org tool chains is there any impact to the availability of images on GCP (e.g, swift-latest-gpu-ubuntu-1804)?

-Mark

Brad Larson

Feb 18, 2021, 3:14:50 PM2/18/21
to Swift for TensorFlow, mark.l...@berkeley.edu
The current plan is for our GCP images that are based on the 0.12 toolchain to remain available. However, new images will not be released for the 0.13 (stock) toolchains and beyond.

You should be able to use the existing GCP images as a starting point and simply replace the toolchain within them, or use other CUDA-based images and install the toolchain on those. Sorry that I don't have something better to report, but this hopefully shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience when working with GCP and the Swift toolchains.

Mark Lambert

Feb 18, 2021, 4:42:32 PM2/18/21
to Brad Larson, Swift for TensorFlow
Thanks.  Still getting my head around what the shift to stock toolchains means.  Feels a little like coming into a movie halfway in.

Looking at the slides from the last (final?) S4TF design meeting, it looks like some of the models from swift-models were ported (translated?) to use the stock toolchain.  I'm assuming that was almost seamless?

Brad Larson

Feb 18, 2021, 5:37:50 PM2/18/21
to Swift for TensorFlow, mark.l...@berkeley.edu, Swift for TensorFlow, Brad Larson
The big thing to be aware of when using the stock Swift toolchains is that any file that contains @differentiable or other differentiation-related items needs to have the following import statement:

import _Differentiation

It's fairly rare, but if your model did anything directly with ElementaryFunctions, that might need to be reworked slightly to line up with now using Swift Numerics instead of our own in-house implementation of that. Odds are, you won't have anything like that, so simply adding the above import is all you need.

Gaston Seneza

Feb 18, 2021, 5:52:47 PM2/18/21
to Brad Larson, Swift for TensorFlow, mark.l...@berkeley.edu
Wow, this actually answers the problem I was dealing with myself. Thank you Brad!

Gaston S.

“Either I will find a way or, I will make one.” ~Anonymous

On Feb 18, 2021, at 4:37 PM, 'Brad Larson' via Swift for TensorFlow <sw...@tensorflow.org> wrote:

The big thing to be aware of when using the stock Swift toolchains is that any file that contains @differentiable or other differentiation-related items needs to have the following import statement:

Dane christian Neilson

Nov 28, 2023, 11:57:37 AM11/28/23
to Swift for TensorFlow, Gaston, Swift for TensorFlow, mark.l...@berkeley.edu, bradl...@google.com
MT103/202 DIRECT WIRE TRANSFER
PAYPAL TRANSFER
CASHAPP TRANSFER
ZELLE TRANSFER
LOAN DEAL
TRANSFER WISE
WESTERN UNION TRANSFER
BITCOIN FLASHING
BANK ACCOUNT LOADING/FLASHING
IBAN TO IBAN TRANSFER
MONEYGRAM TRANSFER
IPIP/DTC
SLBC PROVIDER
CREDIT CARD TOP UP
DUMPS/ PINS
SEPA TRANSFER
WIRE TRANSFER
BITCOIN TOP UP
GLOBALPAY INC US
SKRILL USA
UNIONPAY RECEIVER

Thanks.

NOTE; ONLY SERIOUS / RELIABLE RECEIVERS CAN CONTACT.

DM ME ON WHATSAPP
+14234753476