TFX utils filters on MCT

Artur Lunardi

Apr 19, 2023, 1:44:08 PM4/19/23
to sig-tfx-addons
Hi all,

I noticed that although wasn't released yet, MCT was already added to tfx-addons repo.

I'm having a problem regards the Model Generator Component. My data is composed by large arrays serialized into strings and when I try to run the component, I get an error generating the graphics:

ValueError: Image size of 667x419835 pixels is too large. It must be less than 2^16 in each direction.

The problem is connected to the StatisticsGen component, and one specific feature is causing it.

I was exploring the original repo and noticed that inside the  `tfx_util` module there are some filter functions that could be used, such as `read_stats_protos_and_filter_features`, but I don't see how we use it in this context. When we instantiate the component, there are no options to aditional configurations or parameters to pass to the `statistics` parameter that would be incorporated on TfdvSource.

Have anyone have a similar issue or have used the filters?

Thanks,
Artur

Suzen Fylke

Apr 24, 2023, 11:17:51 AM4/24/23
to Artur Lunardi, sig-tfx-addons
Hi Artur,

Thank you for raising this error and for investigating it! Would you please open an issue in the tfx-addons repo so we can track this and continue to investigate there? Feel free to tag me (@codesue).

Being able to filter features and metrics through the component would be a nice feature to have.

As for debugging the underlying error, it would be helpful to have a reproducible example and a stacktrace.

Thanks,
Sue

--
Repo: https://github.com/tensorflow/tfx-addons