Note taking bots

Robert Crowe

Apr 12, 2023, 12:49:51 PM4/12/23
to sig-tfx-addons
The last two meetings we've had note taking bots attend, so we discussed it a bit today and felt that we need to discuss as a group before allowing them to transcribe the meetings.

We have a meeting notes doc where we summarize the agenda, discussions, and actions.  Adding either verbatim or summarized transcripts of the meetings without the permission of the attendees seems to me like a privacy problem.

Please send your thoughts and any proposals for the group to consider.  Here is one proposed approach:
  1. When bots attend a meeting, we query all the human participants to see if anyone would rather not be transcribed.  The assumption is always that the transcript is verbatim, and may contain errors.
  2. If any humans in the meeting have objections, we remove all bots but do not ban them. Otherwise, the bots are allowed to stay.
That's just one proposal, so please feel free to suggest alternatives.

thanks,

Robert

Robert Crowe

Apr 25, 2023, 5:23:35 PM4/25/23
to sig-tfx-addons, Robert Crowe
Does anyone have any objections or changes to the proposal?