What does Feast exampleGen emits .?

Aditya Soni

Sep 14, 2023, 5:02:35 AM9/14/23
to sig-tfx-addons
Hi, What does Feast ExampleGen component emits .?

For example: - The csv example gen component emits a folder name "example", and inside this folder, there are 2 sub folders by the name "eval split" and "train split". Inside these folders the data is shuffled and stored in the form of tfrecord.

Similarly, what does Feast ExampleGen component emits?

Also can we use csv Example gen component after Feast example gen .?
If yes, how.?

My use case is to retrieve a dataset from a feature store, shuffle it, split it into eval and train, and then use stats gen, schema gen, trainer components etc...!!

Gerard Casas Saez

Sep 14, 2023, 4:57:58 PM9/14/23
to sig-tfx-addons, Aditya Soni
Hi there!
FeastExampleGen emits the same outputs as all ExampleGen components. Aka a `examples` channel of type `standard_artifacts.Examples`. I sent a PR to update the README to make it more clear just in case. https://github.com/tensorflow/tfx-addons/pull/266/files
Best,

Aditya Soni

Sep 15, 2023, 1:17:06 AM9/15/23
to sig-tfx-addons, Gerard Casas Saez, Aditya Soni
Thanks