Differentiable computing for R4TF

Chris Black

Dec 7, 2020, 6:54:03 PM12/7/20
to Rust for TensorFlow
Hi,

Are there plans to build differentiable computing into the rust for tensorflow project similiar to Swift for Tensorflow, i.e a custom derivatives for rust functions.

Thanks!

Chris

Adam Crume

Dec 7, 2020, 7:13:56 PM12/7/20
to Chris Black, Rust for TensorFlow
We don't currently have plans to add differentiable programming to TensorFlow Rust.  Swift's differentiable programming relies on language-level support which doesn't exist in Rust.  Graphs built with normal ops (e.g. ops::add) will have derivatives defined, although I know that's not as ergonomic as defining a function which takes e.g. f32 parameters and returns an f32.