Rust capability for signal data

Jatin Aggarwal

Apr 22, 2022, 1:59:03 AM4/22/22
to Rust for TensorFlow
Hey
I am new with rust. I want to know that capability of Rust that can handle signal data. If any work already done and published. Please provide a link. or blog.

thank in advance

Adam Crume

Apr 25, 2022, 8:15:16 PM4/25/22
to Jatin Aggarwal, Rust for TensorFlow
Can you be more specific?  What do you mean by "signal data"?  What do you want to do with it?

Jatin Aggarwal

Apr 26, 2022, 2:22:23 AM4/26/22
to Rust for TensorFlow, acr...@google.com, Rust for TensorFlow, Jatin Aggarwal
Thank You for the reply. I will explain.
I am doing a project where I have to use Goose and SV data. The data on which I have to work on Comes from Wireshark platform. I have to use that data as an input to a machine learning model. I am totally new for RUST. I was wondering if any project has been done similar platforms. Or is it a wise decision to use RUST in this.

Sgt. Giddyup Carruthers

Apr 26, 2022, 2:57:57 AM4/26/22
to Jatin Aggarwal, Rust for TensorFlow, acr...@google.com, Rust for TensorFlow, Jatin Aggarwal
If you are new to Rust you must read the rust book first and possibly rust by example book. You also need to read Tensorflow documentation and unless you fully understand it I would recommend writing Python Tensorflow first. Rust is a great language but it is not the easiest language for beginners. You can do anything in Rust but what the wisest decision is will be specific to you. If you like writing your own abstractions I doubt you will find a better language than what Rust offers. If you want abstraction already available such as frameworks, rust may not be the wisest choice in my opinion for a beginner but it is quickly gaining crates to make it competitive in this respect. If you enjoy scripting features (not having to type your values at all and garbage collection) you may want to consider a language such as Python or R which are renown for their data science capabilities. Consider all this with your deadlines and long term learning objectives and you'll find the wisest decision.