TFLite Micro - Target ESP32

mono app

May 14, 2022, 11:22:44 AM5/14/22
to SIG Micro
Hello all,

I would like to run following example

based on current Tensorflow Lite github project.
I was able to find that the project was moved to a standalone one under:

I see the project is tested for ESP32 devices, but I am not able to find ESP Makefile in the project.
Could somebody please guide me here?

Thanks in advance.

Sunil Bobbala

Mar 2, 2023, 12:29:08 AM3/2/23
to SIG Micro, mono...@gmail.com
Hi Mono,

I am doing the same project using ESp-EYE platform. However, having trouble in compiling the program

pls see below errors. Could you help me on this? Thanks in advance.

o$ make -f tensorflow/lite/micro/tools/make/Makefile  OPTIMIZED_KERNEL_DIR="portable_o
ptimized" generate_non_kernel_projects
tensorflow/lite/micro/tools/make/downloads/flatbuffers already exists, skipping the download.
tensorflow/lite/micro/tools/make/downloads/kissfft already exists, skipping the download.
tensorflow/lite/micro/tools/make/downloads/pigweed already exists, skipping the download.
tensorflow/lite/micro/tools/make/check_optimized_kernel_dir.sh: line 35: [: tensorflow/lite/micro/kernels/portable_o: binary operator expected
tensorflow/lite/micro/tools/make/Makefile:537: tensorflow/lite/micro/tools/make/ext_libs/portable_o
ptimized.inc: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target 'tensorflow/lite/micro/tools/make/ext_libs/portable_o
ptimized.inc'.  Stop.

Måns Nilsson

Mar 2, 2023, 3:02:59 AM3/2/23
to Sunil Bobbala, SIG Micro, mono...@gmail.com
Hi all,

I see no portable_optimized directory under tensorflow/lite/micro/kernel. Is that something new?

I see the following directories, where testdata and test_data_generation are no optimized kernel dirs.
arc_mli/              cmsis_nn/             testdata/             vexriscv/
ceva/                 ethos_u/              test_data_generation/ xtensa/

OPTIMIZED_KERNEL_DIR should point to one of these directories, for example OPTIMIZED_KERNEL_DIR=cmsis_nn.

Cheers,
Måns