Renaming TF_LITE_STATIC_MEMORY to TF_LITE_MICRO

Nick Kreeger

Nov 12, 2020, 10:11:54 AM11/12/20
to SIG Micro
TL;DR;

If you explicitly have TF_LITE_STATIC_MEMORY defined in a Make or build config, please update that build define to TF_LITE_MICRO.

NOTE: This is not a flag that developers can reply on - it is not explicitly set on certain platforms (e.g. Arduino).

More details:
The define TF_LITE_STATIC_MEMORY was originally introduced to work around methods and functionality inside TFLite that would introduce dynamic memory usage (e.g. malloc/free). This functionality was needed for embedded devices that generally do not use dynamic memory allocation. Since the introduction of this flag, TFLite Micro has grown and is the main use case for this flag. Specific memory optimizations and functionality exist in TFLite and TFLite Micro code under this flag. To help clear up the real reason for this flag, the name is being changed to TF_LITE_MICRO.

Thanks,
Nick & The TFLite Micro Team

Advait Jain

Nov 16, 2020, 12:02:26 PM11/16/20
to Nick Kreeger, SIG Micro
Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, we hit a snag and this change did not get merged. The switch from TF_LITE_STATIC_MEMORY to TF_LITE_MICRO is still planned but it might take a couple of weeks. We will send out another email once the change is merged.

Advait