Virtual Machine, New contributor

Nanubala Gnana Sai

Jan 22, 2021, 8:18:33 AM1/22/21
to SIG Micro
Hi,

I'm NG Sai from Indian Institute of Information technology, Sri City. Machine learning has always struck a chord in me, but more than that, I've found a niche in ML on Edge. The idea of running complex models on devices of Kilobytes of memory is revolutionary in my opinion.

My expertise lies with modern c++ and I'm well familiar with working on open source projects.

My main concern was that I can't afford the devices that were listed on the supported devices. Can the build work on Arduino Uno, or does any of the devices mentioned have virtual machine?

Looking forward for a reply!
Good day!

Jonathan Torkelson

Feb 27, 2021, 10:26:23 AM2/27/21
to SIG Micro, Nanubala Gnana Sai
Hi Nanubala,
I am currently in the process of trying to get TFLite up and running in Visual Studio, using Virtuoso (www.virtuoso-software.com). This would allow TensorFlow Lite to run in a completely virtual environment, running inside Visual Studio with all of the great trappings of the Visual Studio IDE. The Virtuoso virtual environment is a low-code environment that allows things like touch screens, simulated I/O and even real-world I/O effortlessly integrated to interface to the virtual microcontroller.

I'd suggest watching these videos to see how easy it is to pull in I/O from Click boards (https://www.mikroe.com/click):

The beauty of this workflow is that it is CHEAP and effortless to setup. Just download an example project, and you are up and running, performing inference and stepping through C/C++ code in Visual Studio. Definitely hoping to get people like you involved.

Cheers!
Jonathan