adapt MusicVAE for other needs

Kasper Jordaens

Feb 14, 2022, 4:09:22 PMFeb 14
to Magenta Discuss
Hi,

I'm trying to get music_vae to work with string quartets
Right now, the model that comes closest is the hierdec-trio_16bar model. Instead I want it to work on generic string quartets, which has 4 instead of three voices.

Before diving in, I want to get a clear view on what I'm starting. Is this a lot of work, or should I be good with just

- adding a new config to magenta/magenta/models/music_vae/configs.py
- train a new model ( I already did this once for an existing config), I have some data (~1000 midi files) ready as 4 track musicXMLfiles converted to noteseq
- point the music_vae_generate to the new config and model

or is this a very naive approach and impossible?

Thanks