Onsets and Frames Transcription - JavaScript vs. Colab

Fokko Breden

Mar 9, 2021, 11:29:16 AM3/9/21
to Magenta Discuss
I am currently converting some audio files with onset on frames. I noticed that I got different MIDI results with the JavaScript app than with the Colab notebook. Do they use different checkpoints or is it due to some parameters?

Curtis "Fjord" Hawthorne

Mar 9, 2021, 12:27:54 PM3/9/21
to Fokko Breden, Magenta Discuss
They actually use different models. The javascript one is smaller and has a forward-only LSTM for efficiency. You'll likely get more accurate results by using the colab or command line version.

-Fjord

--
Magenta project: magenta.tensorflow.org

Fokko Breden

Mar 9, 2021, 1:40:27 PM3/9/21
to Magenta Discuss, Curtis Hawthorne, Magenta Discuss, Fokko Breden
... Thank you for the information. And yes, I get more detailed MIDI files generated with Colab.

Prashanthi Atukuri

Mar 16, 2021, 2:50:46 PM3/16/21
to Magenta Discuss, fokko....@gmail.com, Curtis Hawthorne, Magenta Discuss
Hi Fokko,

can we connect sometime to discuss this in detail. We are presently working on a similar project and could use some deliberation from you.

Thanks
Prashanthi

Fokko Breden

Mar 16, 2021, 6:04:14 PM3/16/21
to Magenta Discuss, Prashanthi Atukuri, Fokko Breden, Magenta Discuss
Hi Prashanthi,

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with AI things. I use Magenta's models pragmatically - as they are.

Fokko